Tuesday 4 February 2014

The Dress - Forest Green

Okay, so at the moment it's sunny outside, but these photos were actually taken back when it was colder. Which is great for our friends in the Northern Hemisphere, and let's face it - this is Wellington, NZ, so it probably won't be too long before I'm wearing something like this again... Weather pessimist, who me?

 
 Dress: Mango (Taiwan)
Just before I left Taiwan back in 2009 (wow, that seems a while ago), we were just about to head into winter. Since I had managed to wear summer clothes all year and was just about to head home, I was at a loss as to what to do. I didn't want to buy more clothes, especially winter ones, when I was just about to head back to an Australian summer. My wonderful friend Marcie lent me some of her clothes and I also splurged on this winter dress, which as you can still see I have. However, to be perfectly honest, I'd like to add 2-3 inches onto the hem line.

 
 Belt: Gifted
I don't know if "gifted" is the right word for where this belt came from. Technically it came with another skirt, which I have long thrown out, but I probably wear this skinny black belt about twice a week - funny huh?

Scarf: Street Market (Nepal)
Oh, would you look at how international my clothes are today. My mum actually bought this scarf when she and I were over in Nepal in 2006. However, I would always wear it, so when it came time for me to move I said: "Mum, can I please have the scarf." And she agreed in exchange for my collection of two "Don't Let The Pigeon" children's books. If you have no idea what "Don't Let The Pigeon" (by Mo Willems) is, then you need to go to your local bookshop and buy one. So funny. New books are actually under embargo until set release dates because everyone wants to know what the pigeon will do next.

Earrings: Pandora
Okay, I'm not a huge Pandora fan. But when I saw these while killing time in Sydney airport, I fell in love. They're so cute, yet so understated and simple. Love!

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment