Wednesday 25 April 2012

The Outing - ANZAC Day

Today is ANZAC Day. Now for those of you who are wondering what that is, it's a national day of remembrance here in NZ and in Oz (so it's an event both Luke and I can really get into). It's celebrated on the 25th of April every year to honour the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought in the Gallipoli campaign during World War I. Nowadays, it also broadly commemorates all those New Zealanders and Australians who served and died in military operations for their countries.

Luke and I had the idea of going to the dawn service, but since it was at 5:45 AM down by parliament (which is 40 minutes' walk away), this proved to be a little too challenging. Maybe next year. ;) Instead, we had a lazy morning. Luke (who is also my personal colourist) dyed my hair, and we got ready to go dancing down on the waterfront with the people from Full Swing. We had on authentic 1940s outfits - well, at least some of us did. To me, this seemed the perfect way to celebrate ANZAC day, with some original 1940s dress, tunes and dancing.






Fun times! I will add some photos of my outfit in tomorrow's post.
It is so pleasant to have a day off midweek.

Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment