Sunday 22 January 2012

The Celebration - Luke's Birthday

I'm back! Sorry, my friends, for the huge delay between posts. It has just been so crazy since I got back from holidays. "Work, work, work" would be an apt way to describe my life recently. But never fear, I have not forgotten you. So please step into my time machine and we will go back 1 month exactly, which was of course my wonderful hubby's birthday.

I won't tell you how old he turned, as that really wouldn't be very polite, but let's just say it involved a 2 and a 7, and you can work out in which order they should go.

The morning started with some yummy pancakes and berry sauce made by Bex.

Of course, merely giving Luke his presents is far too easy, in my opinion. Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you should just be given your presents. So I made him work for them in the form of a scavenger hunt around Wellington. :)

Hee hee, but don't worry - he managed to solve them all. Smart cookie that he is. And here he is opening his birthday gift at one of our favourite cafes, "Sweet Mamma's Kitchen."

It was then on to Yum-Cha for lunch, where Luke received more presents, including a wonderful card made by Alina and Michael.

It was Joseph and Michael's first Yum-Cha experience, but they got the hang of it pretty quickly - See something that looks yummy, nod "yes" to the waiter and consume. See something questionable, shake head "no" and wait for the yummy-looking food to come around again.

Like father, like son?

I love green tea! I always drink buckets of it at places like this. So yummy.

The newly weds :) So cute.

Back to our place for more birthday fun. :) Luke looking like a budding masterchef in his new apron.




 Anyway, hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Until next time :)




No comments:

Post a Comment