Sunday 30 October 2011

Welcome

Hi and welcome to my blog. So it is official, I have joined the blog band wagon! So from now on I will be posting blogs, hopefully quite frequently, instead of sending emails. I know many of you were great fans of my emails (although I always thought one of the main reasons was that you liked the novelty of receiving emails that were something other than spam) but never fear - I'm sure this blog will prove to be just as useful in the realms of procrastination as the emails were, maybe even more so, as I'm hoping to add more pretty pictures for you to admire.

Actually the idea of including more pictures was one of the main reasons I decided to make the shift from email to blog. After all if a picture says a thousand words, then with just five photos I can say five thousand words!


So why the name "Vintage Pearl", some of you might be wondering - and if you weren't you're probably wondering that now. Well firstly, "vintage" because of my increasing love of everything vintage: clothes, music, movies, books etc. And "pearl" because that is what my Chinese name means: 美珍 (Mei Zhen). Also as a reference to the bible verse Matthew 13:45-46 when Jesus says:
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls,  who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it."

Or as Luke put it: "Well when you think about it, the Bible is about as vintage as you can get!" - I love my husband.
So watch this space, and hopefully this will be the start of something beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment