Friday 2 December 2011

The Dress - Blue Velvet

This dress has probably become my "go to dress" for when we are going anywhere nice. It feels wonderful, I can dress it up or down, and I always feel great in it - which is all you can really ask for in a dress. I first spied it around April 2010 down at a little shop in the Bank or Royal Arcade in Melbourne; I forget the name of the shop, somthing like Zippy maybe. It was around the $170 mark, and since I didn't have a job and was saving up for a wedding, I had to sigh and put it back on the rack. But me and this dress were meant to be together, and so when I happened to stumble across it when it was reduced to $90 and in my size, how could I possibly pass it up? So I called my international bank (aka Luke who was living in Wellington) and asked for some emergency shopping funds. I think he now sees what a worthy investment it was (well I hope so anyway).

I love the patterns on the dress, and the feel of velvet is so nice. I should really buy more velvet things - well, some things. Velvet pants are never okay. 
I know everyone always appreciates a look at the back of the dress. No bow this time, but of course that's because there was one on the front :)
Necklace: gift
My sister Laura gave me this necklace a few birthdays ago. I'm not a huge fan of necklaces, as I wear a lot of patterns and I sometimes think it might make my outfit "too much"; I'd rather go with interesting earrings. But I do love this necklace, as it's heart shaped and I love heart shaped things - plus it came with cute little mini heart-shaped earrings, which totally solves my dilemma of trying to find earrings that match a necklace.
I think it's safe to say this dress gets the tick of approval from Luke.

Until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful world you live in Hannah-so colourful! Fashion and scripture and good books and musicals..I look on in awe, I the country bumpkin

    ReplyDelete