Thursday 22 December 2011

The Song - Les Passants

So it's time for another blog post. Just a quick one, because I want to go to bed to catch up on some much needed zzz's. I can now celebrate because I'm on holidays! Yay holidays! I also wanted to quickly share with you the song that has been most frequently played on my iPod this week.

My friend Carolyn shared this clip with me last week and I absolutely loved it. It is by a French singer known as "Zaz". Her style is a mix of jazzy, acoustic, soul and French which I find irresistible. Anyway, the song is called "Les Passants" - which means roughly "The Passers-by".

What I adore is how much she obviously loves what she is doing. It's not as though she is singing for an audience, for money (as they are obviously busking) or for the other band members; rather, she's just doing what she loves - making music. I think this really shows through her interaction with the music, melody and rhythm. In my opinion, this is quite a rare quality nowadays, and seeing how much joy it gives her brings me joy as well. Her voice is also very unique, but that's enough from me. Have a listen for yourself.


Until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to share an awesome song with you, Hannah darling :)

    ReplyDelete