Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Celebration - Merry Christmas


I HEARD THE BELLS ON CHRISTMAS DAY
(adapted)

I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,

And wild and sweet 
The words repeat 
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
And thought how, as the day had come,
The belfries of all Christendom

Had rolled along
The unbroken song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

Till ringing, singing on its way,
The world revolved from night to day,

A voice, a chime,
A chant sublime 
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
But in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said;

"For hate is strong,
And mocks the song 
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;

The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail, 
With peace on earth, good-will to men."

Merry Christmas from Hannah, Luke and Sammy the Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment