Sunday 12 January 2014

The Holiday - Taiwan Part 1

Okay, it's time to look at some more holiday snaps, because, well, I'm back at work now and I already feel like I want another holiday. These photos are from when Luke and I went to Taiwan last August (see, not that long ago!)

 
Within 30 minutes of arriving at the airport, we headed for the nearest place that served xiao long bao (steamed dumplings), the most delicious food you will ever taste. Yum!

Outside the university I attended in 2009 while on a scholarship learning Chinese. I'm dying to know if the 10m Christmas tree, which had been up for 3 years when I was there, is still going strong...

A refreshing drink. I think I had these for dinner most nights while I was living in Taiwan during summer.

My old apartment block. Kind of awkward when a guy came up to get into his house while we were taking this photo outside.

More food. No prizes for guessing what we mostly did in Taiwan - **cough cough* eat... This is like uber-fancy snow cones, and it's the best! Green tea flavour of course, with red beans - yum!

Shida Night Market, which was my regular hang out in the good ol' days. FYI, part of the movie "Au Revoir Taipei" was filmed here.

Catching up with the saints at New Hope. Awww miss these guys. Dawn was the first lady to greet me the first time I attended, saying "No one should have to sit on their own at church!" before taking the seat next to me. It made the church feel like home from the very start.

Marcie and me. One of my closest friends from my Taiwan days. Doing what we do best, sharing a laugh... and drinking Starbucks...

The Linton family... minus one. Pastor Joel and his wife Judy. The most warm and welcoming people. 

 Friends from Taiwan.

 Our sister in Christ, Helen. 

This is the most delicious drink. Sounds weird, but trust me. It's milk with tapioca balls which have been stewed in brown sugar syrup. Okay, maybe you have to try it to believe me, but I would honestly live off this stuff if it didn't mean I would turn into a giant tapioca ball...

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment