Tuesday 19 June 2012

The Dress - Bespectacled

It arrived and it's finally mine! Now, don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, because I know you totally do. What - you don't, really? You don't remember the long-awaited teal cardigan covered with spectacles from not one but two of my wishlist posts? Oh well, you can just be amazed at the fabulousness of it in this post. 


Cardigan: Modcloth
The purchase of said cardigan went a little bit like this...
HANNAH: *Gasp...* *Squeal*
LUKE: What? (Mildly concerned that I'm having some kind of seizure - obviously we haven't been married long enough for him to know that these sounds mean an article of clothing which I REALLY like is on sale.)
HANNAH: It's on sale!
LUKE: What is?
HANNAH: What do you mean, what is? The teal cardigan covered in spectacles of course!
LUKE: O.o!
HANNAH: Please...

The happy conclusion to this story is that 2 weeks later it was mine! It's also true that I don't always get every cute bit of clothing I want. And I am now officially on a clothing ban for a couple of months. 


 Scarf: Supre
No, I'm not a huge fan of Supre. I used to buy basics there: singlets, T-shirts, etc., but I've found that I prefer Glassons for basics, and they're usually better quality. Plus, I can't stand how they are trying to make 12-year-olds dress like prostitutes - it's really, really gross. That shop needs to learn the meaning of the word modesty.
 This scarf was originally my sister's, I think. Until I, well... stole it. Don't worry, she has plenty of my stuff too.


Jeans: Just Jeans
I feel like I need a pair of high-waisted jeans to go with some of my cropped cardigans. But I'm kind of scared that high-waisted jeans wouldn't suit my pear-shaped figure. The only ones I've found that I like are from Freddies of Pinewood, and I'm worried about spending money on these but then not actually liking them.


I think the other thing that I love about this cardigan is how my spectacles perfectly match the ones on the cardigan. It's like they were made for each other. :)


Love!


I've decided that I quite like bobby-pinning my hair back for a different way to wear it. It reminds me a bit of how Amelie wore it in the movie by the same name.
 Whoever said you can't do anything with short hair?

Until next time :)


1 comment:

  1. I KNEW I saw the cardigan from somewhere before! It was from your blog XD! Haha, silly me. I should have mentioned that I liked it when I saw you. I just spent too long looking at it and trying to remember if I saw you wearing it before or something else...
    Silly, silly me.
    It looks very nice :)!

    ReplyDelete