We were looking at "The Diverse Excellencies of Jesus Christ". These were just so refreshing, challenging the way I see Jesus and making me fall in love with Him even more. This list was actually created by Jonathan Edwards.
- We admire Him for His glory, but even more because His glory is mingled with humility.
- We admire Him for His transcendence, but even more because His transcedence is accompanied by condescension.
- We admire Him for his uncompromising justice, but even more because it is tempered with mercy.
- We admire Him for his majesty, but even more because it is a majesty in meekness.
- We admire Him because of His equality with God, but even more because as God's equal He nevertheless has a deep reverence for God.
- We admire Him because of how worthy He was of all good, but even more because this was accompanied by an amazing patience to suffer evil.
- We admire Him because of His sovereign dominion over the world, but even more because this dominion was clothed in a spirit of obedience and submission.
- We loved the the way He stumped the proud scribes with his wisdom, and we love it even more because He could be simple enough to like children and spend time with them.
- And we admire Him because He could still the storm, but even more because He refused to use that power to strike the Samaritans with lightning (Luke 9:54-55), and He refused to use it to get Himself down from the cross.
Until next time :)