Sunday 18 March 2012

The Dress - Culottes

Coo... what? Well at least, that was Luke's response when I told him I thought it would be neat to own a pair of culottes. And neat it is. I haven't owned a pair since my days as a Girl Guide. :) They're so practical and comfy, plus they're so much more stylish than ordinary shorts!
By the by, these photos are a few weeks old (pre-new glasses and haircut), but I thought you might want to see them anyway. Look how long my hair was! 

My mum spoilt me quite a bit when I was in Australia. I think it was part of her way of telling me that she missed me. While shopping in Melbourne one day, I had already bought the culottes when I saw this top (on sale) at Dangerfield, and immediately knew they'd be a great match. 

Culottes: RetroStar
It's now become a habit of mine to go into RetroStar each time I visit Melbourne. I often feel quite overwhelmed upon entering the shop - there is just so much vintage and retro clothing there, I almost feel like it would take a whole day to have a really good look. However, upon seeing the rack of culottes, my mind was made up. I couldn't believe my luck with these ones: 100% wool, made in Italy and NEW! They even had a plastic pouch with a spare button inside! So neat! The label says Luciano Zaffiro.

Bow!

Shoes: Mountfords
So now I think about, all of this outfit was bought on the same day in Melbourne (minus underwear and earrings)... evidence of a good shopping day perhaps? I'm not big on wedges; I actually really loathe the big chunky wedges/platforms that are in fashion at the moment (sorry if you like them...). Although there are other shoes I hate more (Crocs, for instance, have caused much harm to the fashion world), I personally think chunky wedges/platforms make women's legs the same shape as those of Clydesdales. BUT... I have to confess that wedges are by far the most comfortable high heels. I can walk for miles in these, and my feet are very thankful. They're not too chunky or too tall, and I really like the T-Bars and neutral colour.

Earrings: Can't remember
I bought these earrings in Melbourne, funnily enough, about 5 years ago from a little alternative/punk shop down Flinders Lane (I think it's been closed for about 4 years now, and I seriously can't remember the name). Anyway, they would have to be one of my favourite pairs of earrings. I wear them at least 2 times a week. I don't know about you, but I must confess that while I have a quite extensive earring collection, I only wear about 4 pairs on a regular basis: red love hearts, pearls, white flowers, and black Lego. Yep, that's pretty much it. Maybe I should make an effort to wear some of my other earrings... I am such a creature of habit.

Anyway, until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment