Sunday 25 March 2012

The Dress - Perfect Purple

Time for another fashion post. Everything in this outfit I bought in Taiwan, minus the shoes. I don't know about you, but I hate buying fast-fashion pieces. I honestly don't see the point. I'd much rather buy something well made and classic that I will wear for years, than something cheap and badly made that will only be used for a couple of months. 

Interesting fact: this is actually almost the exact outfit I wore when Luke and I went on our first official date back in September 2009, so I always get slightly nostalgic when wearing it.

Shirt: Ignite
I bought this shirt from Farmers just before I started working at the Earthquake Commission as a temp in September 2010. I have never actually bought that much clothing from Farmers, because to be honest I find most of their stock really ugly. However, I love my Farmers Beauty Card; it's a really great reward program and I try to buy all my stockings and make-up there.

Cardigan: Mango
This cardigan is from Mango in Taiwan. It was definitely a great investment, as it goes with a lot of my summer dresses, and I love this shade of purple. It's also good quality, which means it has lasted and lasted through many wears and washes.

Skirt: JoJoBa
I saw this skirt while walking down the street in central Taipei and instantly fell in love. In case you haven't noticed, I am drawn towards patterns, and I loved this geometric design. The skirt is very light and swishy, and I think the pleats are really flattering. I went into the shop and tried it on with a white shirt, which had huge diamante buttons down the front - very Asian, but not very me. So I bought the skirt but left the shirt behind. The next time I was walking past the shop, I saw a mannequin wearing the exact outfit I had tried on!



 

Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment