Saturday 6 April 2013

The Dress - Victor/Victoria

First outfit photos in our new house. What do you think of the new background? Do you like our stripy wall paper?

As a woman, what do you wear to a men's clothing brand launch? I'm sure it's a question that has lost you many hours of sleep. No? Well it didn't lose me many either, but it's an interesting question that I faced a few weeks ago, when we went to the launch party for Falve, our dear friends' new clothing brand. But more on that later.

I was rather inspired by a post on Vixen Vintage about women wearing men's clothing and "showing them how it's done." I have to say this is a look I've often liked playing with. There's something about adding a tie or a vest to a women's outfit that gives it that little bit of an edge. However, it has to be tailored. That's the key when it comes to wearing men's accessories or garments - because if it's not tailored then you're just a woman wearing men's clothing.

Top: Target
Another Savers buy from our visit to Australia earlier in the year. Not the nicest material, but I couldn't pass up another cute ruffled shirt. Plus at only $4, who cares if you only wear it a dozen times?

Vest: Girl Xpress
This vest was given to me by my dear friend Tess. I don't wear it as much as I should, but I think it's really quite flattering, don't you?

Jeans: Just Jeans
These are almost getting a little too faded for my liking, but I hate jeans shopping. 

Shoes: I Love Billy
These, my dear friends, are my $1 Trademe shoes. Yes, they cost me a whole $1. A lady bought the wrong size and was selling them on Trademe. You might think "ew - second hand shoes", but my bank account was very happy. They're not the most comfortable shoes I own, but I repeat - they cost $1!
Oh yeah, and I found another door to lean against. Bonus!

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment