Friday 19 October 2012

The Dress - Picnic Patchwork

Forgive my outfit repeating. A girl can only have so many dresses in her wardrobe! I believe I've styled this dress quite differently from my original post about it, although I guess you can be the judge of that. :) Accessories can go a long way in helping to recreate an outfit. It's all about the mixing and the matching. By the way, Luke named this post. Pretty impressive I thought.

Dress: Revival
This dress has the best collar. The dark colours mean I find it easier to make this a "transitional" piece from winter to spring.

Cardigan: Mango
I did mention before that I wear this cardigan at least 3 times a week - well, it's true. I heart cardigans.

I love this shop so much. It used to be located on Victoria St, and Luke found it kind of amusing that when walking by I would actually slow to snail pace and audibly sigh. The clothes are definitely more worthy of sighs than squeals; the price tags unfortunately make me weak at the knees. Since the shop has moved to Cuba St I haven't been for a visit, which is probably a good thing for both my conscience and my wallet!
 Why is cute clothing always so expensive? No fair. Anyhow, one day Bex and I were shopping and I spontaneously bought this hat. I had been looking out for one to wear in summer. I've also added a cheeky chin strap (trust me, you need it in windy Wellington!)

Stockings: Glassons
Seriously getting so much use out of these - coloured tights are the best!

Bag: Thrifted
I found this in a second-hand shop in a little country town called Shannon. Definitely a summer staple, and I love how much it matches the hat. It's like they were meant for each other.

Shoes: Mountfords 
Very comfy shoes. This is the first time I've experimented with sandals and tights. I think I can pull it off.

I had been really wanting to find a belt to match the sandals and my "mushroom"-coloured heels. Quite a difficult task. But David Lawrence had this great belt, which comes in lots of colours; the one I have, shown above, is "biscuit". Though it cost a few pretty pennies, I think I'll get a lot of use out of it since it matches my summer dresses. Oh, so many summer dresses and so little summer.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment