Saturday 27 October 2012

The Song - Anchor

Time for some more music. Oh yes, and I did change the layout of my blog. Do you like it? It means you don't have to scroll to the very bottom to find archived posts, and you can also follow me more easily (if you would like).

Back to the music. So I have a few tracks on my iPod by Mindy Gledhill, who is an indie folk singer from the States (although according to her bio, she spent a significant amount of her youth in Madrid and therefore speaks fluent Spanish - awesome). Anyway, I love her whimsical style; her tunes are very catchy and her lyrics are really quite deep and meaningful. I think my favourite song by her is Hour Glass, in which she sings to her son about how fast time goes and how childhood is precious and should be enjoyed. It's a very sweet song. Actually, all of her songs are incredibly sweet and make me think of long summer days, lollipops and flowers - which is good, because I like all those things.

So have a listen and see what you think.


PS: I also love that she wears cat's-eye glasses, even in some of her music videos. 

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment