Wednesday 1 August 2012

Coolest Little Capital in the World

I heart Wellington. I first came to this city on a holiday to New Zealand when I was 14 years old. We only spent 2 days in Wellington, but I distinctly remember thinking to myself: "This is such a cool little city, I'd really love to live here." Little did I know that I would be doing that 8 years later. God has a pretty funny sense of humour sometimes. My co-worker says this is a city that you grow to love. If you're used to long summers and perfect weather, then Wellington's usual dose of cold wind takes a while to get used to. I must complain about the weather at least 100 times a week, but I still love Wellington. It's such an awesome place to live and visit. There is always something to look at: galleries, markets, music, exhibitions, and theatre. Also, everything is so compact! You can walk from one side of the city to the other in half an hour, so it actually feels like a big town more than a city - which is why I thought this little video was very appropriate:


So come visit! I'm sure you'll love it.
Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment