Sunday 13 November 2011

The Dress - Dutch China

Time for another fashion blog for all my fellow fashionistas out there. This outfit I only recently created, as I had always reserved this dress for my summer wardrobe. However, when paired with black tights and a cardigan, it totally transforms the feel.

Dress - Club Coco

There's only one thing I love more than cheaply priced vintage clothing. And that is beautiful hand-me-downs from friends. Not only are they free, but it also makes you think of that person whenever you wear it. This dress in fact makes me think of two people, both of whom I met in Taiwan: Helen and June. The story goes that June, an American living in Taiwan, was leaving to go back to the States, and in order to lighten her suitcase she gave some clothing to Helen. Unfortunately, although the clothing was beautiful it didn't quite fit Helen's petite frame and so was given to me. :) So this dress is really quite well travelled - Korea, America, Taiwan, Australia and now New Zealand. The label reads Club Coco and is orginally from Korea.

Cardigan - Esprit

A few months ago I got it into my head that I needed a cropped blue cardigan. I was buying more high-waisted things, and I was - and probably currently still am - going through a real navy phase. So off Luke and I went to the shops to try to find a navy cropped cardigan. What was in fashion though? Cropped baggy jumpers, and long cardigans! Argh! Luckily Esprit had this beautiful cropped cardigan, and although it cost more than one pretty penny it was totally worth it. And now what do I see is in fashion - cropped cardigans! I swear someone is stalking me!



Earrings - Etsy

I bought these spoons off Etsy a while back. Aren't they the cutest? And funnily enough, they are from a store called CuteAbility. Anyway, my reason for buying spoon earrings was naturally to match my spoon necklace, duh! A friend of mine for my wedding gave me a beautiful long necklace with a spoon handle attached, originally from a wedding cutlery set (note to self: must feature on here sometime). Anyway, being slightly obsessive-compulsive about matching, I naturally had to buy these earrings when I saw them. 
There are a lot of other cute things in the store, many things you normally wouldn't see in jewellery.

Until next time! :)



1 comment:

  1. It's great you found the cropped cardigan you wanted, those are the best to wear with high waisted clothes :)

    You look really lovely!

    ReplyDelete