Thursday 24 November 2011

The Holiday - Thanksgiving

I know I'm a day late but "Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!" Yes I know it is really only an American and Canadian holiday so elsewhere it's more like "Happy Nothing Special Day" but I honestly think the Americans and Canadians have a good thing going with this holiday. So here are the following reasons why I think thanksgiving should be celebrated internationally. And these actually ARE in a particular order.

5) Turkey! Yum! Why wait for Christmas, lets have it twice a year!
4) Children get to learn about the history of how their nation started, and even though here in New Zealand our history is not terribly long, it's still important.
3) We get to be thankful and appreciate what God has blessed us with. Although we should thank God everyday, it's nice to have a special day when we reflect on this and share it with others.
2)I believe that where Thanksgiving is celebrated there is a written or unwritten law that no Christmas decorations or even mention of Christmas in stores can be seen or heard until Thanksgiving is officially over...this is in a word brilliant compared to our Christmas creeping in to stores in September in Non-Thanksgiving Countries
1) My final argument and biggest reason for importing Thanksgiving can be summed up on two words... PUMPKIN PIE!

So what am I thankful for this year? I am thankful for my husband Luke. I am so thankful to God for giving me such a wonderful, kind hearted, loving, thoughtful, godly, patient, intelligent, fun-loving, generous, encouraging, handsome, faithful, serving man. I love you Luke.


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment