Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Dress - Lady in Red

So what did I wear to the wedding, I hear you ask. Well everyone knows that no one shines as much as the bride on a wedding day. Didn't Alina look just like a Disney Princess?

Anyway, for those of you who are interested, here are a few shots of the dress I wore to the wedding. :)

Dress: ebay

Okay, I bought this dress quite a while ago for my 21st/Farewell party before I went to Taiwan. It was $40.00 (bargain) and, let's face it, every girl needs an LRD (little red dress), right?

I think the scoop neck is quite flattering on most people, and I love the wider straps (as you will see, I don't "do" strapless, and I'm not a fan of spaghetti straps).

The material is satin, and very swishy - it feels great. A sash comes round to the back and ties in a big bow, but unfortunately my husband needs to be trained in the art of "bow tying" so I was unable to get a good photo of it for you.
earrings: diva

These earrings I also bought for my 21st/Farewell, and would you believe it, they are still in stock at Diva. Just goes to show I have lasting taste :)

Cropped cardigan: Old Navy
Bex (my sister-in-law) and I were quite pleased at how well our dresses contrasted. I also did her make-up. Doesn't she look pretty?

Last of all, a photo of my husband Luke and I. Luke is looking very handsome in the skinny black tie I'd bought him the day before. This was the first wedding we have attended as a married couple. Makes me wonder who will be next :)

1 comment:

  1. this dress is adorable. totally in love. so glad I found your blog. definitely following. If you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my fashion blog. It's all about the adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete