Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Song - Gold

So on our anniversary weekend, Luke and I decided to hire a movie. Our friend Carolyn had recommended we see the film Once. I had heard it was brilliant, and so we decided to check it out. It is a good movie, despite containing too much rude language (the "f-word" seemed to be used as frequently as punctuation). Anyway, I will write a review another time. The thing that really stood out to me was the music: it easily has one of the best movie soundtracks I have ever heard. Well, what would you expect from a movie all about two people's love of music? It is probably because of this amazing soundtrack that Once was recently made into a Broadway Musical.

My favourite song by far was called Gold, and this is what I'd like to share with you today. Luke will tell you, or maybe complain to you, that this song has been on constant repeat since I downloaded it the other day. I hope you can understand this after having a listen. It has such a marvellous, sincere, emotional, beautiful, poetic, lyrical and melodious Celtic feel to it that I think any music lover would find it hard to resist.


Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment